YOGURT PARFAIT WITH GRANOLA AND BERRIES
An ideal breakfast, snack or dessert, this show-stopping parfait by Chris Smith, The Diabetic Chef®, combines homemade granola with Greek yogurt, cinnamon and fresh berries.
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 sticks Equal Classic Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon grape seed OR vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 sticks Equal Classic Sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 ounces fresh raspberries
- For Granola, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For Parfaits, combine all ingredients. Divide mixture evenly between 4 dishes before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 6 mg
Sodium: 41 mg
Carbohydrate – 1 – 1/2
Nonfat Milk – 1/2