- 500ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g Equal® Monk Fruit
- 6 medium egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 130°C Fan / Gas 2.
- Pour the cream into a medium sized saucepan. Slice the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds into the pan.
- Bring the cream to the boiling point, then immediately reduce to a gentle simmer for 3 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together the Equal® Monk Fruit and egg yolks with an electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy. Pour the egg mixture over the cream and whisk continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large jug or bowl.
- Place four ramekins in a large roasting tray and pour hot water into the tray so that it reaches halfway up the ramekins.
- Pour the mixture into each ramekin, then transfer to the centre shelf of the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the custards are just set, with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting tray and set aside on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle each crème brûlée with 1tsp Equal® Monk Fruit and caramelize using a chef’s blowtorch.
Tip: If you do not have a chef’s blowtorch to hand, place the crème brulées under a hot grill to achieve the caramelized top.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes