DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Applesauce replaces part of the butter and Equal® adds sweetness to these brownies made with both cocoa and chocolate chips.
- Cooking spray
- 24 sticks Equal Classic Sweetener
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Equal Classic Sweetener, flour, chocolate chips, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, applesauce, eggs and vanilla in a separate medium bowl until blended. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 118 mg
Fat – 1
Starch – 1